|Took 6 tries to get a pic with all the cams on screen without disabling all the automation.|
Here is the latest picture of my setup. (See older pics below.)
Note the 70 inch display shows the site wide distributed video stream and can be used as a monitor for video editing or any of the security camera consoles. The camera consoles will highlight (just show) groups of cameras when triggered by Homeseer based on triggered motion or contact sensors. Depending on which sensors and the current alarm settings the main video stream may be switched to that camera console as well. Triggered sensor also give verbal notifications. So for instance if motion is sensed at the gate with a glance I can see if I'm getting a delivery or a visit from wild live or a neighbor's escaped livestock from any where there is a TV. I can return the setup to the previous state with one voice command.
A quick and simple video show how my system is setup to return from triggered events with one voice command.
Here is an example of a guy looking for stuff to steal. Since I live in a neighborhood of mostly 5 to 10 acre lots seeing anyone is pretty rare. Predators and loose livestock are a much larger issue. So as I was in the middle of conference call I ignored the first alert but when a second came I could easily make out the guy trying to pull the motion sensor off the tree. Unfortunately he took off before I got down there but he did not get anything and if not for this setup I might not have known he was even about much less had video from 5 cams and good screen grabs of his face for the neighbors and cops.
Future Goals:Looking at adding a DeepStack server when I get the time. Or something similar. I want something I can train not just tell people from non people like the current Blue Iris plugin. The LightHouse cam used to be able to recognize your pets so this seems reasonable. So I want to work toward telling critter types apart at some point. If I can get it to tell my dogs apart even better. The bare minimum I want to get to is alerts telling cat vs dog/coyote vs raccoon/opossum/skunk/armadillo vs pig/cow/horse/deer. Yes I've actually had all those and more in my driveway. There is even been a mountain lion spotted in my neighborhood few believed in till someone caught it on a security cam in a nearby neighborhood.
History:This is how it happens. Your setup just grows and grows as things happen.
- Still 4 Blue Iris ( 3 with BI4 and 1 with BI5) servers with 27, 15, 9 and 12 cameras on them. 63 total plus the Ring doorbell, clones and radar. With average loads of 877 MP, 1370 MP, 540 MP and 635 MP respectively.
- Added 4th sky cam to get full 360 view of sky. Might add 5th at some point to fill in the hole overhead.
- Cloned the 4 sky cams to auto gen time lapses.
- Added updating radar image so if I hear thunder I can see what is coming or missing me.
- Swapping cams around and upgrading others to try and get more cams to do color at night. You might notice several cameras laying in front of the big monitor. I have over a dozen offline either as left overs after upgrades or waiting to be used as upgrades. One pulled for security reasons.
|4/1/2020 pic snapped quick while all cams idle so showing which means project data extra hidden to avoid work questions.|
- 4 Blue Iris ( 3 with BI4 and 1 with BI5) servers with 27, 15, 9 and 12 cameras on them. 63 total plus the Ring doorbell. With average loads of 877 MP, 1076 MP, 540 MP and 635 MP respectively.
- LPR plugin is pretty much a bust.
- Pulled all outside dome cams, save the entry way which is sheltered, due to how often they need cleaning outdoors if exposed to rain / sprinklers. Also replacing with higher rez and or lower light performing cams.
- Shifted an lot of cams around to upgrade rez and or lower light performance.
- Loving the ColorVus though there are some issues if the light level drops below that of a half moon and of course the lack of varifocus / zoom options.
- 3 ColorVu sky cams now cover over 3/4s of the horizon. Adding a 4th to fill in the last bit in April. plus have 2 others covering parts of the outdoors hard to cover with lighting IR or visible due combos of reflection glare and distance.
January 202061 working cams (not including Ring doorbell) now, building a server upgrade and a compare of loads between servers. Also more automated lights, more tree trimming and feral pigs have made my place part of their territory. Have some more lights and trimming to to do then I need to made a video of how the whole works together. Ring test video can be seen here.
November 2019After the intruder and something causing the dogs to hang out by the east gate I got the east gate cam back online with 5 MP and trimmed the trees for a better view.
October 2019After a rat snake got in the shop and then disappeared without me finding where it or the mice before it got in I added 4 more Wyze V2s to track and track where things might be coming in and or where the snake might be in the shop still.
|Added 4th Blue Iris server and dedicated monitor and increased main monitor to 40 inches|
|Added 11th screen (not counting the unused laptop one.) 3 dedicated to cams. Note too indicator lights added behind cam monitors.|
|10 screens, 2 dedicated to cams.|
|Mid digital conversion. you will notice 29 low rez cams on the Blue Iris monitor. Some are new IP cams and some are being pulled from Geovision servers,|
|2 screens switched to larger portrait mode ones.|
|Using 2 Geovision (analog cam servers) here with another down at the shop. Starting to standardize on 1080p monitors too.|
|Just the one 16 cam Geovision server at the house here. Note how dark some of the cams are.|
|5th added. Note upper right monitor was switchable between TV and computer monitor so I could watch digital sources on it.|
|4th screen added for second Geovision server.|
|Soon after I moved. 3 screens but no dedicated monitor for cams and even the big screen was analog.|
|At the old house|